Kensington Debuts SmartFit Sit/Stand Desk for Productivity Boost
Kensington Reveals SmartFit Sit/Stand Desk to Optimize User Productivity and Ergonomic Support -- New SmartFit Product Provides an Efficient, Safe Way To Convert a User's Desk into a Healthy Workstation that Allows for More Moving and Less Sitting
Kensington®, introduced today the new SmartFit® Sit/Stand Desk for optimal user productivity and ergonomic support. Incorporating Kensington’s patented technology to ensure proper fit, the SmartFit Sit/Stand Desk provides an efficient and safe way to convert a user’s desk into a healthy sit-stand workstation using a convenient desk-on-desk design.
Kensington SmartFit® Sit/Stand Desk (SKU# K52804, SRP $799.99)
Sturdy and stable at any height, the SmartFit Sit/Sand Desk stand uses a pneumatic lift to effortlessly raise and lower the desk within a space-saving vertical footprint. Additional features include:
• Fully assembled setup is ready to use out-of-the-box
• Professional Two-Tier Structure provides a 35.4” (900mm) wide main desk surface with plenty of room for a dual monitor setup, documents and other desktop accessories, an integrated keyboard and mouse deck, and ergonomically-designed beveled edges to help reduce contact stress
• SmartFit System simplifies ideal ergonomic height positioning using scientifically proven research to help prevent injury and increase comfort
• Pneumatic Lift with Tension Adjustment System allows users to easily adjust lift tension based on the workstation’s weight load for smooth and effortless adjustment between sitting and standing positions
• Space-Saving Design allows the workstation to move straight up and down within its own vertical footprint
• 22.8” (580mm) Height Extension accommodates the needs of taller individuals with a sturdy and stable workstation even when fully extended
• 35lb (15.9kg) Weight Capacity supports up to 30lbs (13.6kg) on the main desk surface and up to 5lbs (2.3kg) on the keyboard & mouse deck
• Zero-Footprint Mounting Holes allow users to add a VESA Mounting Plate (K33959WW) to connect a compatible Kensington docking station (sold separately)
• Cable Management System routes monitor and accessory cords to keep workstation tidy and uncluttered
• 2-Year Warranty provided by the leader in desktop productivity solutions
"It is widely recognized today that moving more and sitting less is a better approach to overall health and well-being -- studies show that with more movement, individuals can improve their posture, live longer and even reduce the risk of obesity and cancer," said Arita Pan, Global Product Manager, Kensington. "We've designed the Kensington Sit/Stand Desk with this in mind, allowing users more flexibility at their desks -- even those who are taller than average. Our patented SmartFit System makes it easy to adjust for the best height ergonomically, and we've integrated other features that simplify the user experience while improving comfort levels."
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.