Dear Visitor,

Our system has found that you are using an ad-blocking browser add-on.

We just wanted to let you know that our site content is, of course, available to you absolutely free of charge.

Our ads are the only way we have to be able to bring you the latest high-quality content, which is written by professional journalists, with the help of editors, graphic designers, and our site production and I.T. staff, as well as many other talented people who work around the clock for this site.

So, we ask you to add this site to your Ad Blocker’s "white list" or to simply disable your Ad Blocker while visiting this site.

Continue on this site freely
  HOME     MENU     SEARCH     NEWSLETTER    
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT NEWS. UPDATED 9 MINUTES AGO.
You are here: Home / World Wide Web / 'March on Google' Protest Canceled
'March on Google' Protest Canceled Over Threats
'March on Google' Protest Canceled Over Threats
Like this on Facebook Tweet this Link thison Linkedin Link this on Google Plus
PUBLISHED:
AUGUST
17
2017
Protests planned at Google offices around the country over the firing of an employee who questioned company diversity efforts have been postponed.

A statement Wednesday on the "March on Google" website said Saturday's protests were being canceled because of threats from what it called "alt left terrorist groups."

The planned events in Pittsburgh and eight other locations were in reaction to Google's firing of a software engineer who argued that biological differences helped explain why women are underrepresented at the company.

Protest organizers didn't respond to requests for information about the alleged threats. A Pittsburgh public safety spokeswoman said organizers had informed them "of plans to cancel and why they were cancelling," but she wouldn't elaborate.

Police departments in Mountain View, California, where Google is headquartered, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, where the company has an office, said the organizers hadn't sought a permit after announcing planned events there.

Jeremy Warnick, a spokesman for the Cambridge Police Department, said the department knew of no possible threats. "Through our various public safety partners, there were no known threats made against the March on Google here in Cambridge," he said.

Organizers said they had been unfairly characterized despite their statements denouncing "bigotry and hatred."

© 2017 Associated Press under contract with NewsEdge/Acquire Media. All rights reserved.

Image credit: iStock.

Tell Us What You Think
Comment:

Name:

Like Us on FacebookFollow Us on Twitter
MORE IN WORLD WIDE WEB
CRM DAILY
NEWSFACTOR NETWORK SITES
NEWSFACTOR SERVICES
© Copyright 2017 NewsFactor Network. All rights reserved. Member of Accuserve Ad Network.