Interop has announced the finalists for its 2015 Best of Interop Awards. The awards recognize innovation and technological advancements in nine technology categories. Award winners will be announced at Interop Las Vegas 2015, which takes place Aprii 27 to May 1.
The 20 Best of Interop judges include IT practitioners, analysts and IT editors. They will select category winners based on in-depth briefings, product demos and business cases.
The 2015 Best of Interop categories and finalists include:
- Hiperwall 4.0, an upgraded version of Hiperwall’s video wall and distributed visualization software
- JumpCloud Directory-as-a-Service, which allows organizations to stop managing directory services locally, and enables them to move to a cloud-based alternative
- Redbooth Private Cloud, a collaborative environment that allows secure chat
- CloudVelox One Hybrid Cloud Platform for Pilot Light DR, a hybrid cloud disaster recovery and migration product
- FixStream, an operational analytics and visualization platform
- Tonomi, formerly Qubell, which supplies autonomic application delivery and management solutions
- Cisco ITD, a clustering and load-balancing engine that addresses the performance gap between a multi-terabit switch and gigabit servers and appliances
- Cisco UCS Mini, which provides servers, storage and 10 GB networking for branch and remote offices, point-of-sale, and smaller IT environments
- Fiber Mountain’s Glass Core, a data center architecture with software-configurable connections from a rack to other locations
- Cisco Hyperlocation Module, which provides RF, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth low-energy technologies for mobile connections
- Citrix XenMobile, a mobile device and app management solution that provides mobile freedom for employees
- EnGenius Technologies’ EZMaster Distributed Network Management System, which simplifies deployment, monitoring and management of distributed networks
- ALE Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Intelligent Fabric, which simplifies network operations by providing for simpler network designs, easier interoperability and plug-in deployment
- CloudGenix ION, which provides "networks without networking" by simplifying how WANs are designed and managed
- IP Infusion OcNOS, touted as the first full-featured network operating system for data center and enterprise networking
- ExtraHop Networks' ExtraHop EH9100, which offers industry-leading scalability with the ability to analyze a sustained 40 Gbps of real-time traffic
- WildPackets' Omnipliance Wi-Fi, a WLAN analysis solution that enables network engineers to monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot multi-Gigabit-speed 802.11ac traffic
- VMware's vRealize Operations 6.0, a new version that provides greater scalability and unified management across vSphere and other domains
Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Big Switch Networks' Big Cloud Fabric 2.5, which is positioned as the industry's only bare metal SDN fabric designed to combat legacy box-by-box networking
- Cisco APIC for Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure, which offers centralized access to all fabric information and supports flexible application provisioning across physical and virtual resources
- VMware NSX 6.1, an upgraded version of VMware's network virtualization platform
- Dell Sonic Wall Secure Remote Access, which provides secure mobile and remote access solution for small and midsize organizations
- ESET Remote Administrator, which enables IT staff to oversee the entire network, including workstations, servers and smartphones
- Tufin Orchestration Suite R 15-1, which delivers security policy orchestration across platforms including traditional networks, private clouds, and the public cloud
- AIC SB122-PH, which is a 1U10Bay PCIe SSD storage server supporting the dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v3 product family
- AirWatch by VMware Content Locker, which is an enterprise-grade solution for mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management, and mobile content management
- NEC’s Hydrastor HS8-4000, positioned as a grid storage platform with resilient and scalable backup capabilities for long-term data
Winners will be announced Tuesday, April 28 at 5:30 pm in the Interop Theater on the Expo Floor at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Last year's winner for the Best of Interop Grand Award and also in the SDN category was the OpenDaylight Project's "Hydrogen" -- a modular, open-source, software-defined networking platform.
Basic6 won for best new startup, with its consolidated control and simplified data center and cloud management solutions.
VMware was a big winner with its Virtual SAN earning the Audience Choice Award and the storage category, and also for its VMware vCloud Hybrid Service in the cloud category.
Cisco won the data center category with the Cisco Nexus 9516 Switch, and also won the networking category with the Cisco ISR 4451-X Converged Branch Infrastructure Solution.
Other 2014 winners included NEC Corporation in the management category for its NEC Unified Network Coordinator (UNC); Dell Software in the mobility category for its Dell Enterprise Mobility Management; Spirent Communications in the communications category for Avalanche NEXT; and finally, SpectorSoft in the security category for Spector 360 Recon.
Read more on: Interop
, Enterprise IT
, Data Center
, Tech News